BootsnAll Travel Network



Singapore Day 5 continued

So after Frederick, Arnold and I came back from walking ALL over the city, we chilled out for a little bit, I proceeded to call Thailand book my flight to New York, call Intrepid book my tour and then we went off to the Night Safari.  This night safari in Singapore is the first in the world, and quite possibly the only one.  It is commercialized but really cool.  There was now a group of six of us:  Ben, Grahame, Frederick, Arnold, Nick and I.  It was pretty cool.  So we took the night safari express bus for 4 bucks as opposed to taking like a train and 2 buses at night all the way to the safari (about an hour).

It was an excellent choice as the bus dropped us off right at the safari and we were on our way.  Basically there were two parts.  Part I was walking around at night with a little light and see animals in each area.  They were sectioned off my animal type and continent in which they were found.  That part was really cool.  Probably the best three things about the night safari was seeing a spotted crane sleeping on one leg which is really cool to see, the bat walk, and the tram ride.  The bat walk was walking in to a sanctuary filled with giant fruit bats.  Allegedly harmless, but I wasn’t going to find out if that was adjective was true or not.  But I got really close and even saw one take care of business, if you know what I mean 🙂

Mixed in with walking around to different exhibits of the animals, was the tram ride.  This ride was approximately 45 minutes and it took us through different areas of the park (one area not accessible by walking).  Basically we saw some animals really close, and really cool animals from the asian, sub indian, and african continents.  Lions, tigers, leopards, laughing hyenas,  puma’s, flying squirels, rhinos, zebras, etc…

You know how you tell the difference between a male and female zebra?  The male is black with white stripes, and the females are white with black stripes…

Anyway, so after walking around all day, coupled with the night safari, my feet hurt as usual, and I was nackered and ready to go home.  So we finally got a bus back to the hostel, but then people were hungry, and after many hours of not eating, I was getting a little hungry myself, which means it was cranky, tired Josh…Nobody likes that guy…nobody.
Well it was like half past eleven and nothing in Little India was really open, which was a problem.  We did manage to find an authentic Indian restaurant, and I had chicken curry, rice and nan (bread), with some Indian tea.  Now if you aren’t familiar with Indian tea, let me tell you it is something.  They take hot tea, then milk, then ice.  When I had ordered the ice tea I figured it would be like in a can or something different, but it was the way that the tea is made in India, but nonetheless I sucked it back and ate my food.  No more than thirty minutes later I was hitting the toilet, as this was my first almost dangerous experience with the local food.  Luckily it was nothing major, so no traveler’s diarrhea yet….yet…

Thanks,

Josh



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *