BootsnAll Travel Network



Hong Kong Part Deux

I wanted to break up the posts otherwise they would get too long and people would probably stop reading so here we go.

So as I was up at 730 and ready to go after taking a freezing cold shower (welcome to Hong Kong), I decided to head to Victoria Park.  It looked nice on the map and was two blocks from my hostel.  So I walked around took some cool pictures and watched people do some sort of karate.  There was also like an outdoor gym where people could do different exercises, I found that interesting as well.

So that killed another hour and I was a little tired from walking around as it was a balmy 79 degrees and humid, but hey I was in Hong Kong so I needed to be impulsive and do some cool stuff.

I took the train from the stop near my hostel and decided that I was going to go to Hong Kong Disneyland!  It was not that expensive (less than 40 USD) and only two trains away.  I mean when will I ever get the chance to do this again (probably never).  So I hopped on the Island line to Hong Kong Station, got off took the Tsuan Chung line, to Sunny Bay and then got on the Disneyland train line (yes Disney has their own line and trains).  The train was cute as everything had reminents of Disney from the handlebars being in the shape of Mickey mouse to the cut out of the windows in the shape of Mickey mouse as well.

All in all Hong Kong Disneyland was quite small.  I was able to walk around and do the entire park in less than 4 hours.  While people were filing in to the park, it seemed like nobody was there.  I waited no more than 10 minutes for any ride, did Space mountain several times and just decided to call it quits after 4 hours.  Right now its 3PM on Friday and I am beat.  I think the jetlag is catching up with me, but I have to tough it out.  Today is Raymond’s birthday and we are going to get a little crazy…should be a lot of fun.

Tomorrow I head off the Singapore and will spend 3 full days there and then leave at night to take a night train to Kuala Lumpur.  This is my first time in Hong Kong (part 1 of 3) and when I return on May 16th I will spend 4 full days here and really explore the city.  I figured that Disney wasn’t a bad choice considering I didn’t really want to explore and really wanted to save what I planned on seeing in Hong Kong when I came back.

Sorry that my blog entry was a little delayed and I am not sure when this will post because I have not figured out how to switch the time feature, but hopefully it will post soon.

Hope everyone back home is doing well, and continue to follow me along through Asia!

Josh

(hey mom and dad!)



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *