BootsnAll Travel Network



Pictures the first

As I accidently deleted my first week of photos, all i have is pictures of the Nazca necropolis place. But it´s better than nothing, pictures with me in them maybe in the next few days . . .
Mummy One

Mountain
Mummy Two



Tags: ,

6 responses to “Pictures the first”

  1. Chris says:

    Love the toupee! What’s the story with the bones?

  2. Jenna says:

    The bones are a good look but would prefer photos of you. Dominic is off to Argentina and Brazil on Sunday and Mary leaves for Germany in eight weeks. All that is required now is for Luke to leave home and all the old folks will be liberated. Have fun. Love the blog.

  3. Wendy Bacon says:

    This all sounds amazing. I had not heard of the Lines. What is the explanation – did they think the Gods were looking down. Are the lines made a rock ?
    I can’t believe it is just one week since you left Sydney.
    Its still raining which is quite a good thing. At the least the dams that feed Sydney are filling up.
    Looking forward to the next episode !
    Love
    Mum

  4. Duz says:

    The lines of rocks in the pic are just to keep tourists off the rocks. 😉

    The actual Nazca lines, well, noone’s quite sure, although there are any number of theories, including ceremonial, alien, the theory of “the crazy old Austrian woman who lives in a shack in Nazca with a mini-model”, etc. They only really make sense if seen from the sky, tho…

    Here’s some info for folks:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazca_lines

  5. admin says:

    Jenna,
    When will Dominic be in Brazil, I should be there sometime in early august i guess.
    Next time i post photos, they will include me.
    Em

  6. Liisa says:

    ok so i only just discovered your blog. And maybe it would’ve saved me much angst to discover it earlier. But now I’m so glad I have, because not only is it fantatically entertaining it’s a way of knowing you’re alive! I mean, unless you are the skull wearing the toupee…
    Keep it up, Emma “South America on a Shoestring” Bacon!
    xxx

  7. Rose says:

    Hey Emma,
    I just read all your blogs in one go and they’re thoroughly enjoyable. As always (and I think other people have already noted this) you seem to be coping very well.
    I’m impressed that although there have been brushes with drugs, potential marriages (“I’ll set you up with my brother” said the woman on the bus) and food poisoning, you have managed well (it would seem, but who knows how many husbands you’ll return with).
    Love the pirate bar, sand dunes, crazy Viktoria (I thought I just wasn’t understanding the story and then I realised it might have been her) and photos (though I have my fingers crossed for happy photos next-or at least less bones).
    Although I missed you in Canberra, I think I have more reason to miss you now, when you’re so far away.
    Keep up the good work.
    Best wishes,
    Rose
    P.S I think you make more friends by not knowing how to swear in a foreign language-so consider it a blessing

  8. Jenna says:

    He will be back home by then. He is off to the Iguazu Falls. Did you have the yellow fever vaccination? And did you have one of those massive ohmigod practically meningitis reactions?

  9. Jenny Bacon says:

    Hi Em I have just found the picture of the bones – there are some similar in the Phillipines but there I had to climb down a mountain cliff in rain and mud to see them which did not endear me to these people at all! I think I would prefer the dry climate although understand the altitude can be problematic. You are certainly staisfying my vicarious urges!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *