BootsnAll Travel Network



Litterbugs

Brooke vs. White Plains

Being in New York, you really notice when the street is dirty. The sad part is how often I see people just tossing their trash wherever, whenever.

I looked out the window and saw a guy walking across the street with a plastic cup. When he was done drinking whatever was in it, he proceeded to drop the cup and kick it across the street. And that is where it stayed. I had to pause a second.

While walking towards the Brooklyn Bridge we were behind a couple of girls who nonchalantly wadded up a cigarette pack and tossed it straight down. It made my mind pause again.

The most disrespectful display to the environment was after walking back from Veneiro’s (cannoli!). There was a car sitting outside of a small shop on the street. The car was on, the window was cracked, and music was playing. Obviously, the person was only getting out for a few minutes. A man was walking towards the car with a paper bag. He threw the paper bag in the window. No big deal, its his car. He’s getting ready to get in it. No, no he wasn’t. He continued walking.

That guy threw his garbage in someone’s car!

I was complaining to Brian about this in the car. As I was doing so, I tore a small price tag off a drink and started wadding it up. I wasn’t even thinking, but when I interjected about the littering, I tossed it right out the window!

I felt so bad after that. It was this itty bitty piece of paper but I couldn’t help but think I was going to become a litterbug, too! I hope not.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *