BootsnAll Travel Network



Cannoli Competition: Spiga

Brooke vs. White Plains

I used some of my miles to get $25 off coupons for restaurants in the area. Going out to dinner in NY is quite costly, but one of my favorite things to do, so it seemed like a good idea. We went to Spiga, which I think is a chain restaurant, and was pleasantly surpised by their cannoli dessert!

Score is based on 1-5 (5 being the best).

Presentation: Talk about WOW. When you order a cannoli for $6.50, you’re not sure what you’re going to get, but this was awesome. Brian and I each got a plate that was drizzled in bright pink and orange sauce. In the middle of the plate was displayed this fantastically-sized and stuffed cannoli, speckled with chocolate chips and powdered sugar. To the left was a mound of fresh whipped cream topped with a mint leaf, and to the right was a scoop of a delicious mix of strawberries and blueberries. It was extremely colorful! Score = 5.

Filling: The filling did not let me down a bit. It was thick and had the ricotta taste I love. Score = 5.

Shell: The shell was crisp! Score = 4.

Satisfaction: I judge my satisfaction of a cannoli on the “can I really finish it” factor. I should be able to finish it, but I should feel that I do not need another. Score = 5.

Overall Score: 19/20

Highly recommended if you are going out to a dinner!



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *