BootsnAll Travel Network



And so it ain’t.

“Every man has his daydreams
Every man has his goal
People like the way dreams have
Of sticking to the soul
Thunderclouds have their lightning
Nightingales have their song
And don’t you see I want my life to be
Something more than long.

Rivers belong where they can ramble
Eagles belong where they can fly
I’ve got to be where my spirit can run free
Got to find my corner of the sky”

Corner of the Sky, from Pipin.

Well, uh. I have had a sort of disconcerting week. Kiev has been nice. Cold, but nice. Yesterday was the Ukrainian Orthodox Christmas, so there are still holiday decorations and Santa Clauses (often wearing green?) all about. Last night there were a lot of people in Independence Square for a concert. I tried to stay for a while, but I lost feeling in my face. For a myriad of reasons, I wasn’t really feeling lately like my life was where it should be. Now, many people, when upset, will go shopping. I have sort of done this, but my purchase was a more unconventional one-way ticket to Delhi. I’m done with Europe for a while. I’ve always wanted to see India. I don’t really need a job just yet. It all makes sense. So that’s where I go. Tomorrow. Life is crazy but life is good. A big thanks to everybody who’s written me sage advice in the last few days, I know I must seem insufferably crazed sometimes. India should be a real adventure. I’m allotting at least 2 months, but this number is really arbitrary. By law I can’t be there more than 3, so that’s the best of a “plan” I have for now. I’m expecting a lot out of myself and my time there, and hoping to infuse my travelogue with a bit of eastern wisdom and a few deep thoughts of my own, if I ever come across any. Cheers.



Tags:

One response to “And so it ain’t.”

  1. Martin says:

    Ah, heading to India, I see that you shall be orienting yourself…ehm…excuse the pun it could not be helped. Anyway, even tough things are still up in the air for you a change of pace (and a change of place) sounds like something that you needed desperately so congrats on making that choice and going with it.

    I myself will be heading (trekking) through Nepal sometime in the near future and will travel (most likely by train) through India just for the experience. I may even end up in Tibet but that is all speculation and I have digressed. If you do happen to travel through the country by train please let me know how it went and what it was like, thanks!

    Maybe, just maybe, if the time of my travels coincides with your possible stay in India then I could drop in but most likely I will be going next fall (or summer). While you are in India you should definately try to make your way to Dharamsala which is the current home of the Tibetan Government-in-Exile (the town’s name means Little Lhasa). Anyway, I hope things go well with your travels and I hope to hear from you soon (or soonish, I know how you can be with you posts). Talk to you later.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *