BootsnAll Travel Network



Mont Ham, Eastern Townships – Photos

bb1.jpg

Another Eastern Townships hike – Mt. Ham is about 2 hours from Montreal. http://www.montham.qc.ca/
I have mixed feelings about this hike – there are some impressive 360 degree views from the top and you can see faraway Mont-Megantic and Mont-Orford. The views are quite awesome. Reminds me of the views from Mont-St. Joseph in Mont Megantic park (http://blogs.bootsnall.com/BBQBOY/parc-national-du-mont-megantic.html)

bb2.jpgab2.jpgbb4.jpg

What we really didn’t like at Mont Ham is the trail and geography. It’s a mess between the mud and the loose rocks in certain sections (including on the less difficult “Detour” trail to the summit). If you don’t like rocks you won’t like this hike – Lissette hated it (“I’m no f***ing billygoat m*********er” said she). If your girlfriend doesn’t love hiking in the first place, this is not the mountain to bring her to.

bb6.jpgbb7.jpg

Summary: Impressive views but a crappy trail which puts girlfriend in bitchy mood. 3 hours of bitching and moaning (roughly equals the time to get to the summit and back down). We’ll be back the day they have an elevator going up to the summit.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *