BootsnAll Travel Network



One of the World’s Natural Wonders

We woke up at 5:30 a.m to see a once in a lifetime wonder. We woke to see Victoria Falls during sunrise. We had to get up so early because sunrise starts at about 6:15 and the sun is done rising at about 6:30.

Little did we know we were going to be the first ones at the falls. Everyone grabbed something from the taxi and we rushed to the first point to see Victoria Falls and take the first picture. It was one of the first times we got to take pictures by ourselves with our ideas, and we think we did pretty well.

Victoria Falls actually got its name from the explorer that was the first European to find the falls (Africans already knew about it). The man’s name was Dr. Livingstone, and he named the falls after Queen Victoria. Victoria Falls drops water about 300 feet down, so there is a lot of water spray. In some places you can’t even see the falls there is so much spray.

Also in the park when we were walking around we saw some impalas, which are deer like creatures. We also saw some baboons. Both were in the wild, and just doing their thing.

All and all it was a truly memorable experience, and I can see why it is one of the seven natural wonders of the world. Do you know the other six natural wonders of the world? They are the Grand Canyon in Arizona, the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, Mount Everest in Nepal, Rio de Janerio in Brazil, a volcano in Mexico, and the Northern Lights.



Tags: , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *