BootsnAll Travel Network



Your Own Personal Jesus


Lifeguard Hut Santa Monica

Originally uploaded by roupiesontour

You can tell a lot about the people in a town by the way they drive. LA’s roads are chaotic, very fast and on the 5 lane freeways there is no fast or slow lane – everyone weaves in and out of the traffic as they please – so no rules either. There are a lot of older less expensive cars on the road here too. Hmmm should be fun!

I have decided to give the car back early so we can save a bit of money by using public transport. It was a pull saying goodbye to our trusty white steed – after 4653 miles it had done us proud.

The buses here are only 75c and I don’t think I have ever encountered such a concentration of weirdos, freaks and hustlers in one place. Don’t get me wrong I have never felt in danger but we have had….
the religious singing guy
the blind guy with his funny hustling story
the skateboard dude (about 70)
the guy who hit on 3 different women on our 1 journey (it was soo funny)
Mr polyester combover (should have been in Vegas)

Quite a slice of society. Yesterday we went up to Santa Monica pier. I couldn’t resist having a paddle in the ocean – just to complete the whole coast to coast feeling. It felt great – first stage completed. The whole beach/ pier vibe was great – really chilled. There were lots of entertainers, jugglers, r&b singers oh and Jesus was there dancing and singing away too.

 Jesus On The Pier

The boardwalk stretches for miles and people were jogging, roller blading, cycling and skateboarding along, yes most were posing but it was still nice to chill out and watch the world go by.

 Santa Monica Pier  Santa Monica  Proof Of Coast To Coast

 

Today we did the touristy Hollywood bits. All I can say is that Hollywood really is a dive – the walk of fame goes on forever over both sides of Hollywood Boulevard so it was fun trying to look at all the stars’ names but I just did not like it. Of all the place I have been this has to be the least popular…………We are going to try another of the beaches tomorrow to see if that manages to change our mind.
   Johnny Depp Feet



Tags: ,

0 responses to “Your Own Personal Jesus”

  1. Gary says:

    I really enjoyed reading about your trip through the US. So many people just skip everything between New York and Las Vegas.

    I think it is great that you got to experience the size and diversity of the country.

    I’m currently in the middle of a RTW trip myself and enjoyed your writings.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *