BootsnAll Travel Network



Tlacalula Again

When Jennifer got in the car she looked at me and asked if I used to go to the Beanery coffee house in Salem where she worked at one time. Of course I had.

Michael and Jennifer from Portland Oregon visited Oaxaca last week. So at the request of my Canadian friend Charly, who met Michael on a coffee home roast web site, I took them to Huayapam to meet Mica and Bardo. But first we visited the Tlacalula Sunday Market. I’m getting pretty good at this. They bought mucha mescal for gifts and I bought two liters for my mescal barrel.

One afternoon I showed them several of my videos I made of the teacher strike here in Oaxaca…and a couple more of the Day Of The Dead and Charly’s going away party which they seemed to enjoy,

They were only here four days…the last one Michael spent in bed with what we think was altitude sickness…Portland being just a little above sea level and Oaxaca being more than 5000 feet! I took them to the airport Sunday where they were bound for Mexico City and then home. I now have two bottles of real maple syrup, two bottles of especial Oregon Pinot Noir wine and a lot more jazz music for my computer. Thanks Michael and Jennifer!

Sunday I pick up another family (via Charly again) at the airport and take them to Huayapam where they are looking for land to build a house. I think Bardo is getting spoiled with all this Sunday company! And even though I always arrive with an armload of food and mescal, Mica is a saint for doing all the cooking!



Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *