BootsnAll Travel Network



Cairns and Cape Tribulation

We were in Cairns for only 3 nights before we decided to book our Cape trib trip. Cairns rained the whole time so we didn’t really do a lot. Mainly just shopped or should I say window shopped and that’s about as fun as it got!

We had 2 attempts at getting to Cape tribulation. The first day we tried, we got up at 6 feeling a little fragile from the night before sat on a bus for 2 hours till we arrived at a cafe near the Daintree river. However due to land slides further north we had to turn back to Cairns and were told we could try again tomorrow!

We then checked into a different hostel which was lovely! 4 single beds in a spacious room with air conditioning that actually worked! Spent the day reading and eating and had an early night so that we were fresh for our second attempt in the morning!

This time we got to the cafe and could continue on. We went for a river cruise along the daintree river to spot crocs. We saw two baby ones but nothing compared to the ones we saw at the croc farm we went to the other day before we got into Cairns. After the cruise we drove into the rainforest and did a board walk. Saw a dragon (lizard) and a huge golden Orb spider! We soon realised that these massive spiders would become normal to see as once we arrived at our accommodation in Cape tribulation they were everywhere!! We went for a nice walk along the beach to a nice lookout and the scenery was stunning!! In the evening we sat around the dining area at the hostel and played cards with out new roomie David.

Our room was the furthest away from the dining area along a path. This happened to become the scariest walk to go to bed ever! I managed to step on a snake. I just stopped felt something under my feet, looked down and saw this snake. Ran for my life screaming, Alice wondered what the hell ahd happened. Then we started hearing these horrible noises from the forest that sounded like these horrible birds called Cassowaries (the most dangerous non flying bird in the world!) so we were pretty scared! That night we all had nightmares of spiders crawling on us etc!

The next day after our free breakfast of bacon eggs and toast (yum) we went on a 5kmĀ  walk to a place called Emmagen Creek! Once you got to the creek you could then walk 10mins (supposedly) up a path to a beautiful swimming spot. This path wasn’t the easiest of path. We turned back twice but then found some locals who knew the way and when we finally got there it was beautiful! We stayed there for about an hour and then walked a different way back equally as hide but we got back just about in one piece. Managed to hitch a lift in the back of these 2 hippies camper vans back to our hostel! For the rest of the afternoon we read and napped!

Day 3 and we were ready to get out of the rainforest. The amount of bugs was insane but we did appreciate thwe beautiful surroundings. Mikaela and David had a horse ride along the beach booked for the morning so me and Al just sat around reading until 1.30 when we got picked up by our tour bus!

Our final destination was Port Douglas which is where we are now. On our way there we stopped at Mossman Gorge which was again stunning and then around about 4.30 arrived at Parrotffish lodge where we’d be staying for the next 5 nights!

xxx



Tags:

4 responses to “Cairns and Cape Tribulation”

  1. fionahilder@sky.com says:

    What about the dive???? Can u reply to me again please via emai or facebook pls Not sure Mum would cope with all the spiders let alone snakes She is bad enough at Parsley!!!!!

    We home Thurs have had fab weather

    lots of love

    xxxxxx

  2. Granny and Grandpa says:

    See you are still having changable weather, but hope you are enjoying yourselves.
    Will email you with more news.
    XXXXXXX

  3. Mum says:

    I’m not a celebrity Get me out of Here!!!!!

    Spiders and snakes- not my idea of heaven!

  4. Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the internet the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while people think about worries that they just don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *