BootsnAll Travel Network



The world travelers extraordinaire are back!

After  3 1/2 fabulous years in Romania, we’ve decided to turn the page and start a new chapter.  Our life in Romania has been so exciting, with lots of new friends and experiences. We’ll miss the weekend trips to Brasov and hiking in the Carpathians, the sarmale and tuica, the warmth and hospitality of the locals and our cozy little life with great friends, good jobs and a nice apartment. Fabien and I’ve both “grown up” so much since we’ve been here- with new professional challenges and a more settled life.I will never forget and appreciate dearly the opportunities I had to work on some fantastic projects to raise money for local charity. I think that both of our experiences here have laid the foundation for what we will do in the future.

But on a lighter topic, the same blood still runs through our veins. The itch to move on, to explore, and to discover something new is still there. We have decided to follow the route of the pilgrims and the pioneers and to rediscover my homeland, the U.S.A.

Our journey begins on December 22nd with a nice 6-week visit to France where we’ll visit our family and  friends, eat some good food, drink some good wine, do a little skiing and take  a side-trip to Germany and Luxembourg. On February 6th, we’re flying to Jacksonville, Florida to see my family and to start the preparations (i.e. search for our home on wheels) for our cross-country adventure. Then we will travel through August 2011 up and down and around the U.S. (and maybe cross the border to Canada once or twice.) Where will home be at the end? We’ll see where the road takes us. We’re thinking about Boston, with its rich history and European feel and good friends, so we don’t feel too far from Europe.



Tags: ,

2 responses to “The world travelers extraordinaire are back!”

  1. andrea hyatt says:

    how exciting! If you swing through indiana, we should meet up!

  2. Jenny says:

    Sounds like a good plan, I’ve never been to Indiana!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *