BootsnAll Travel Network



The road to Connecticut and reunion in Prospect

September 29th-30th

After more than seven months of sleeping in a tent, our final night of camping was at a KOA in eastern Pennsylvania. The days were quickly growing shorter and by the time we had put up the tent and got dinner ready, it was dark. Ironically we had planned to buy beer to toast the final night, but they don’t sell beer in supermarkets in Maryland where we had bought our groceries.  We slept well in the fresh air. I always slept better outside during the drip than in a hotel room. We took our time packing up and took a few pictures to remind us of our days on the road.

We had decided to bypass New York City (too much traffic) and spend some more time in the outdoors. We crossed the Delaware River Gap Recreation Area which follows the border of New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Some of the areas were closed because the river was flooding (they had record amounts of rain this year) but we managed to visit a waterfall that was amazing. After crossing New York State, we finally arrived in Connecticut at Michelle (an old friend from B.U.) and Toby’s place. They have a little boy, Noah, who’s about 6 months old and this was the first time we met him. We spent some time playing with Noah and catching up with Michelle while Toby whipped up a wonderful dinner.



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *