BootsnAll Travel Network



The saga continues

we love MNTS!

The time came to part ways with a few good friends, and one crazy metropolitan area. It was an amazing time in Tokyo. I felt that with the time we had everyone was able to come away with the best experience possible. It had its ups and downs but karma was on our side.

*I left my camera and new shoulder bag on a train in Tokyo. It was heartbreaking at first. Luckily Chris, and is bilingualism, was able to determine it was waiting for us…only 12 stations away. Thanks to the wonderful people of the JR train system, and the polite people on the train it made it back to me safely*

I love the big city, but it felt nice to leave. Seeing the skyscrapers thin out and the mountains come into view over the course of a 2-hour train ride to Nikko was a breath of fresh air.

Melissa and I instantly fell in love with Nikko, and WWOOFing at Nikko Park Lodge is a wonderful way to experience it. Essentially us wwoofer’s (7) run the lodge. We check guests in and out, we prepare and serve the food, and we make the place run in many ways. It’s great. Ken, the owner is very laid back, and is always open (and eager) to try new things.

our kitchen

We are going to start a garden in a lot behind the lodge. Ken bought the plants, the tools and said go for it. The only problem is that we have to build a monkey prevention cage to grow the veggies in first. I never thought monkey control would work its way into my gardening experience.

The best part about it is that when we have down time, which will be fairly often, there is so much to do and go see. Melissa and I have our eye on a mountain we plan to climb soon.

Its great to be hear, after all Nikko is Nippon!

drank



Tags: ,

0 responses to “The saga continues”

  1. JamenNoodle says:

    Awesome, I was about to email you guys to see if you got to Nikko okay, looks like you did 🙂

    I’m so excited for you, I know you both would enjoy starting up a garden every step through the way, hells yeah. Sound like pleasant and easy work for you, woo!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *