BootsnAll Travel Network



Tunisia Photos

Carthage, Kairouan, mosques, mannequins, etc….  Hopefully the photos are more exciting than the country!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7411983@N06/sets/72157602200982046/



Tags: , ,

One response to “Tunisia Photos”

  1. ben says:

    Hi Rick

    Ha Ha – I didn’t realise you’d visited Kairouan the contender for joint fourth place holiest site in Islam – of which I’ve visited 2/3 I think :o)

    Gem and I took a bus journey to Kairouan to get out of Tunis for a day, we walked in the heat to the bus station, battled with the chickens, made an educated guess as to which bus to get on and were on our way.
    The passengers behind us started smoking, so I opened the window which let the air and a little rain in. We then negotiated/brokered an agreement that if they would not smoke we would not open the window, and thus ensued a rather tense 4 hour journey to Kairouan. In Kairouan we found our own way to the mosque which was now closed due to it being prayer time, then were picked up by a local who got us more lost and asked for money to help us find our way out, we then got the second to last bus outta there (1 hour after we had arrived there was no way we were risking the last one). Where upon we were stuck in the most appalling rain ever, the roads were flooded and we had to drive on some awful “high” rds to avoid the floods.
    When we got back to our fundooq, a 20 year old Japanese tourist who we had befriended was in tears bcause they had told her that

    a. the airport was closed and
    b. there were no taxis due to the flooding and that if she wanted to go to the airport she would need to go on a camel …

    aah Tunisia … happy memories :o)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *