BootsnAll Travel Network



Touchdown Europe!

Made it to Frankfurt. I have a few hours before the long flight south. In the city centre just checking things (women!) out and stretching my legs. I really enjoyed May without a house and few worries. Thank you Bryan and Matthew and Julie and Scott for the use of your homes. The best part of the past few months has been the excitement and encouragment you have all provided me. I don’t know if I could have done it if everyone said ‘are you nuts’ rather than the almost universal ‘WOW’ followed by ‘I’m so envious’!!!!!! The emails and comments about this blog have really been great. We’re going to Africa together! Let’s Go…



Tags:

3 responses to “Touchdown Europe!”

  1. Kathy C says:

    Yea Rick – I am so excited to blast off to Africa with you.

  2. Bryan Bousquet aka Ralph says:

    I hope that Frankfurt(women) has been beautiful! Africa will be stunning and I hope that in your great moments you forget about us and enjoy… the rougher times know that we are all with you and nothing bad will touch you if we have any say!

    We will keep in touch, and you have a permanant place in our hearts. A day has not passed that we have not played “where’s Rick”!

    Say hi to the gorillas for us!
    -B

  3. kathey C says:

    Lets roll – I’m glad to blast off to Africa with you.

  4. Rhett Giddings says:

    Rickmeister,

    Sounds like you have had some glorious and not so glorious moments on the dark continent in your early days. That is to be expected in a land so diverse, but one thing is for certain, you are learning quickly, as I have, how blessed we are as Americans. The people of Africa so appreciate the small and simple things that we take for granted and expect at the click of a finger. A humbling experience to say the least. I am writing from Reykjavik, Iceland. We ran into Samantha Brown (of The Travel Channel) on the street this week, chatted and took some photos. Said she was doing a piece on the city and country waterfalls and then on to Copenhagen, Denmark for some shots. Went to Greenland and awoke to snow falling one morning in an isolated mountain village. Cold, but pretty neat. Heading home tomorrow. I’m enjoying tracking your travels and will continue to do so. Take care, be safe and will be touch!

    Rhett

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *