BootsnAll Travel Network



Me Gustan La Ciudad De Mexico

I’ve been in Mexico City for over 24 hours now and I LOVE this city already.  People told me that Mexicans are obsessed with death.  Not really correct from my standpoint.  They are obsessed with life and death just happens to be part of it.  What I saw last night and today and the people I have met here in the world’s third largest city are unbelievable.  I really didn’t get a fair sense of the country and its people in Puerto and Oaxacan.  Puerto is a laid-back ocean town.  Oaxaca is in a bit of shock right now, probably not what it is normally.  I did see some of the traditional village life, but here in Mexico City everyone in the country is represented.  I have heard great music, enjoyed Christmas scenes, seen people laughing, smiling and just having a good time.  This is a very friendly city.  I’m off to meet a new friend for dinner so I will write another day in detail, but I can already ask “why go to London or Paris when Mexico City is just across the border and may be a more interesting place with as much if not more history and culture?”  Seriously!



Tags: , , , ,

One response to “Me Gustan La Ciudad De Mexico”

  1. Joey says:

    Hi Rick! Great entries on Africa so far. I just stumbled across your blog. I was wondering if you still have contact with Entienne in DRC. I am planning a trip to Rwanda with a friend of mine and after the gorilla trek we were going to head towards Gisenyi and make our way across the border.

    If you have the email of your guides that would be great to be able to use them for ourselves. Since you seem to have had a great time.

    Please let me know and please continue your great travels!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *