BootsnAll Travel Network



Machupicchu

So what´s up with ¨Machu Picchu¨ and ¨Cuzco¨ when the correct spellings are ¨Machupicchu¨ and ¨Cusco¨?  We climbed above Machupicchu today and it was glorious.  Well, the rain which came in half way up and cleared when we got back to the ruins was not very fun ruining the views, but what a hike.  The mountains surrounding the site as well as the mountain it sits on are breathtaking.  We will head up again tomorrow morning and check out the rest of the site.  We´re staying in the closest town called Aguas Callientes and it is the biggest pit (being very kind due to lack of oxygen to my brain) I have come across in Latin America.  Most beautiful location and they have built the crappiest little town imaginable.  It will serve it´s purpose – one night in between visits to the monument.  Peru is beyond amazing.  Cusco is a fantastic town which served us well for acclimating to the altitude.  We had two incredibly good meals straight out of the best cities of US/Europe.  Totally unexpected and they cost a whopping $35 each night for two.  Took what must be one of the most beautiful train rides in the world from Cusco to here.  Will write more on all of this in the future.  My lungs hurt, my brain is oxygen-deprived, stomach is growling and legs are quivering…  No false expectations here… AMAZING!



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *