BootsnAll Travel Network



Europe of the Americas, Here I Come

I can´t go to Manu National Park until April. Seakayaking on Lake Titicaca doesn´t start until April. And Bolivia lowlands are flooded. My plans were falling apart on me very quickly this week. So, I am making a radical change to those plans and I am flying next week to Buenos Aires to spend 3-4 weeks in Argentina. I will check out the most European city in the Americas, take in the coast to see wildlife, visit the Glaciers National Park, drink wine in Mendoza during harvest and then make my way north for Bolivia and to finish Peru and maybe see some of Chile. I am not sure if I will get to Uruguay. I am also not too excited about the hoops Brazil is putting me through to get a visa so I may postpone Brazil until I start the next leg of my trip in August. This will leave me more time than I expected and I may use it to see more Peru, go back to Colombia and/or go back to Central America before heading home in late May or early June. I also may put Jamaica, Puerto Rico and the Bahamas back on my possibilities. Who knows? I don´t care now. The focus after seeing the Nazca Lines next week will be ARGENTINA!



Tags: ,

-11 responses to “Europe of the Americas, Here I Come”

  1. Bebe says:

    You will love the arts district in Buenos Aires. I will have to say that the most European city I visited in South America was Monteverde in Uruguay – worth a swing through if you have time. Beware of Brazil. Even with a pricy visa they fingerprinted us to get in! Once you get past the entry, it’s worth the trip. Marion

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *