BootsnAll Travel Network



Chris’ Twin

All of us supposedly have a twin. I actually saw my look-alike once in Sacramento in a parking lot outside of Raley’s grocery store. It freaked me out. I did not approach the other guy. On the Madagascar kayak trip that I completed recently, one of the other customers, Wendy from Colorado, turned out to be Chris’ twin. As soon as I saw Wendy, I saw Chris in her and it soon became apparent that her personality was almost identical to Chris. After a day of having my head spinning over this, I finally told her. I told her that it was 90% great and 10% difficult, a ratio that was probably true through the aproximately three weeks that we were around each other. Most of the time she kept me laughing with crazy stuff just like Chris. Once in a while, Wendy would say or do something that would send chills though me and make me just wish Chris was still around. These were always things that Chris would have said and I had assumed no one else. We had a great time with it and our friendship was strong from the start. I told the whole group about it yet I don’t think anyone could ever understand what I was going through. When I post pictures of Madagascar, you’ll be able to figure out who this twin is because they even look similar except for blonde hair versus red. Wendy, of course, has her own personality, but considering I lived with Chris for sixteen years Wendy must have been a pretty damn close copy. I thought they broke the mold after Chris was born, but apparently that was a false belief. Also, I kept thinking about what Chris’ family, friends and acquaintances will think if they meet Wendy. I am sure there will be a mix of astonishment, joy, sadness, laughter and head-shaking. Basically, everything I went through during the trip. I kept thinking that life could not get any stranger than this, but my travels make me think that it sure can. I bet Chris and Wendy have a triplet out there, too. Of the six billion people on the planet, I wonder how many unique molds were used! So, I will enjoy the next time I meet Chris’ twin. Hope we all get to meet a twin in our lifetime even if it is just to get a bit freaked out by life in general.



Tags: , ,

2 responses to “Chris’ Twin”

  1. kathy c says:

    Dear Rick: I am so glad that you met Wendy. Maybe you will keep in touch

  2. Nanette says:

    What a dizzifying experience! But what a nice one. I’m happy for the 90%.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *