BootsnAll Travel Network



Zhengzhou Yo!… NO!!

Last night I went to the station in plenty of time… about 3 hours to spare in actual fact. Nodded a bit in one of the massive waiting rooms of Beijing Station. About 2o minutes before the train left I thought I’d go and find the platform. I couldn’t see it on the board so asked at information. I am so stupid… wrong station! I should have been at Beijing West station. How can I be making so many stupid mistakes. I have to be so careful from now on…. I ran out the station hoping to get a taxi there on the double. I jumped into one and then the driver didn’t want to use the metre! H ewanted to charge some stupid price and of course no guarantee we would get there. I got out and went from taxi to taxi but no-one else understood really what I was going on about. It got to 10 mins before the train so I gave back and with my taol between my legs headed back to the hostel with a hope that they still had space for the night. Luckily they did and I rebooked another train for today. I alss called the mobile of the master Shifu of the school because I couldn’t get through any other way. He seemed very nice and somebody will pick me up from the station at 10 pm tonight. At last I’m finally on my way and so my next contact should be at the school. Fingers crossed!
Quite nervous now and a little scared. About a year of preparation coming into fruition now…. Here we go… BANZAI (sorry, don’t know the Chinese eqivalent)
X



Tags:

3 responses to “Zhengzhou Yo!… NO!!”

  1. minami says:

    oh my god, Tom….. im at an internet cafe in Dublin reading your blog on my own. its so exciting but you scare me!! i ve been saying “oh my god!!” and laughing on my own. i cant help it.

    well, hopefully you ll be at the school soon. – are you sure they are picking you up at 10pm and not 10am? better check…! :p

    have a great time at school and just enjoy! don’t put too much pressure on yourself though.

    BANZAI!!!

    xxx

  2. Judy says:

    Sounds amazing – well done for getting there..!

    This is such a great way to keep everyone up to date with what you`re doing…it`s fab to see pictures too, and you do make m chuckle! Better luck 2nd time getting to the school..! I hope you enjoy your time there.

    The flat is pretty quiet with Dave in the Big Apple, Minami in Ireland and Eiji (no idea of spelling!) tucked away in his room. (I`m writing this on Minami`s computer – if you`re reading this hope you don`t mind!).

    Anyway, carry on writing and I`ll look forward to reading!

    Lots of love and good luck!

    Judy x

  3. pat says:

    Hi Tom
    Success at last. Looks like really interesting reading and will be my book at bedtime tonight. Will be in touch again soon. Lots of love and take care
    Pat xx

  4. alan says:

    We all make mistakes. Once I got a train from Venice to Athens, leaving 8pm from Venice and arriving 9am in Athens. Got rid of all my Italian currency before getting on the train. The train seemed really slow and by 4am we had only reached Trieste. Then we realised that the train was due at 9am not the next day but the day after!

    No money.no food or water – just 3 cans of coke to last another 30 hours! When we finally arrived and rushed onto a ferry to Corfu, the chicken and chips I ate was heavenly.

    Tom, I’ve missed something along the way – how long are you staying in China? Are you teaching English? All the time of your stay?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *