BootsnAll Travel Network



That Friday feeling

Hi y’all.
Feeling a lot more up beat now and enjoying myself.
I made a big realisation that all this Shaolin malarky (?) is actually just choreography. If I wanted I could learn it anywhere to a certain extent. So this makes it a lot easier to fathom.
Sanda (Chinese kick-boxing) is still the main bain, but I survived the last one of the week this morning so it’s up hill all the way. I’ll see about the possibilities of doing extra tai chi instead… we’ll see. I have my first tai chi today… yey! So fingers crossed it’s good.
Apart from Tai chi, they are all external arts. What I’m really after? Internal, magic, the alchemy of base into gold. This I think everybody has, but that’s the reason I need to look internally, with the aid of the softer arts.
I will enjoy the time I spend here, but will be content to move on as well.
Playing basketball today in class… don’t ask me why, Shaolin basket ball or something. Got and accidental elbow in the face and a split lip, nice. All fine, will take a photo and post it on Sunday. Something to look forward to!
Love to all
Tom x



Tags:

2 responses to “That Friday feeling”

  1. Mum says:

    Darling Tom – Mum here. Whew! What can I say? So many experiences already! My only request is that you don’t have too many more scary moments – it gets my Irritable Bowel Syndrome going, & you know how my IBS keeps your dad awake. Incidentally, he is a bit grumpy at the moment – he has a cold (my cold), there is no sun and the weather is extremely cold, making work slow!
    I think you must remember the old family motto – “Read all travel tickets at least twice, the day before departure”
    We’ve had heavy snow here – it lasted for less than a day – on saturday. That day we were invited down to Fred & Sylvie in Siecq for coffee & gateaux in the afternoon. We set off in the Clio at 15:00 & parked in their courtyard. An hour and a half later, we couldn’t get the car out! So, we set off walking, bumped into Patrice & son Alexandre (neighbours), who walked back up the hill with us in thick snow. When we reached their house, they invited us in for a ‘little drink’ to warm up. 2hrs & a bottle of Pineau later, we shuffled home. Next morning, the snow melted & we retreived the car.
    It looks a bit like snow again now.
    Jill arrived yesterday – dad met her at Bordeaux.
    Thought you might like this wonderful Bob Dylan song – It’s called Forever Young – Dedicated to Jamie, you & Minami, Ben, Matt & Adam.
    May God’s blessings keep you always
    May your wishes all come true
    May you always do for others
    and let others do for you
    May you build a ladder to the stars
    And climb on every rung
    And may you stay forever young.

    May you grow up to be righteous
    May you grow up to be true
    May you always know the truth
    And see the light surrounding you
    May you always be courageous
    Stand upright & be strong
    And may you stay forever young

    May your hands always be busy
    May your feet always be swift
    May you have a strong foundation
    When the winds of changes shift
    May your heart always be joyful
    May your song always be sung
    And may you stay forever young!

    It’s my favourite at the moment – Since we watched the film of his life, I’m playing his music a lot it helps get the ironing done!
    Well Tom, may all your dreams come true – there’s a lot to learn on the way. We miss you & send all our love & big kisses Mum, Dad, Beau, Molly & Finn XXXXX

  2. admin says:

    Oh mum, whenever you write it really touches me… even despite the surroundings of a smoke-filled 200 computer internet cafe in the city.
    Thanks so much.
    I love you both so much
    x

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *