BootsnAll Travel Network



I missed my plane… and thanked my lucky stars!!

I arrived at Heathrow at 6pm in plenty of time to check in for my flight to Copenhage at 8pm. As I hit the departures area I looked at my ticket for the first time in what must have been too long. My flight left at 5pm!!! I ran all round the lounge… what was I going to do? An utter disaster. How stupid.
What happened next was really a blessing. It turned out that there had been a strike with the airline and so that flight that I would have missed was cancelled. I queued up and got a new ticket for the same flight tomorrow, at no extra cost.
I am incredibly lucky and at the same time incredibly stupid. It seems fate stepped in for me this time. I know you could say that even if I got there on time the flight would still have been cancelled, but it’s a good sign for me that I am supposed to get there in one way or another. It’s only the time that has to be right. If I had got there on time I would have been so disappointed that the flight was cancelled, but now I am grateful. Strange.
So back to South-East London it was for this lucky boy. Stopped off on the way and went to the cinema with Minami. We saw Brokeback Mountain. What a film! (Thanks Tim for the recommendation, I got to see it in the end!) It was beautiful and sad, and then at the end there was some sort of melancholic peace. We all have to break free at some point, although it’s not always easy.
I fly tomorrow at 2pm… oo – I better go check that… See you in Beijing!…



Tags:

2 responses to “I missed my plane… and thanked my lucky stars!!”

  1. minami says:

    How stupid! and how lucky!!!
    After that sad good bye, I didn’t think I will see you again. well, in a way, it was a really nice surprise.

    Here we go again, I just said good bye to you. Hopefully I won’t see you tonight… Yes, like you said, in some ways it is quite encouraging isn’t it? Something is telling you that you really have to go there.

    Good luck! and give me a ring if you missed the flight!! :p

    xxxx

  2. Timberlina says:

    Hey Tommy, glad you went to see the film and that in many ways it reminds you how amazing love is and that your assurance in love travels you around the world safely. Fly safe. I know you have landed already but I’m still getting used to this whole blog malarkey myself – very impressed so far – peace x

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *