BootsnAll Travel Network



Boom Chiang Mai wah wah!

If you don’t watch tele, then you won’t get this title, even if you do watch tele, you may not… obviously it’s the heat.

Chiang Mai sunset streets

Chiang Mai is nice! Like Tainan is to Taipei and Kyoto is to Tokyo. Chiang Mai is calmer, smaller, quieter, greener, more village-like but unfortunately not cooler than Bangkok.

It was a full red moon the past couple of nights, and so we think in celebration there has been a local pop concert with local singers and pop dancers (neon clostumes, cheesy dancing – perfect)… entertaining and good night market-style food.

Local pop concert

We Have been here 3 days and 3 nights now. The first morning we went out looking at Massage schools. There was basically 2 that fit into our dates which we both visited. ITM (International Thai Massage) school was recommended by the Thai Tourist Assocaition and seemed really nice with a nice teacher and lots of students. It teaches Northern style massage and set in a nice district, but the courses don’t run all weeka and if I did the subjects I wanted, I wouldn’t have been able to see much of Thailand after the course before I go home. So in the end we went for the Classical Wat Po style, Chiang Mai branch. It seems a little more hardcore, having more accupressure than the more stretching-based Norhtern style.

(Boom) Chetawan (...wan!)Massage school

We finisehed our second day at school. We are really lucky to have one teacher for the two of us. Her name is Chindana and she is really nice. It’s quite an institution and it seems they are under strict instruction to keep in line with Wat Po standards. Lots to learn, but we are really enjoying it. Plus we get massages all day from fellow students when we are not giving them. Students have a hard lives don’t you know.

We have already met another dancer, Dafni from Greece, who has been to classes at Greenwich Dance Agency and knows a few people we know. Small world, even smaller contemporary dance world.

On the way from school

Went to a special Wat (temple) this evening after school, at Doi Suthep, North-west of the city. Really beautiful and serene. Just the right time of day to visit. Cool, mystical and beautiful light with the fragrance of many flowers including tree orchids.

 P4050059.JPGP4050075.JPGDetails, detailsBloomin' marvellous!

We are eating lots of exotic fruit… look at my smiling faces. All other food is super tasty too, by the way!

Me having a sunset fruit lassi shake! Baikarumba!

x



Tags: , , , ,

2 responses to “Boom Chiang Mai wah wah!”

  1. Feels great getting the chance to participate a trip to a Thai massage institute. Especially considering that my spastic condition would not allow this kind of experience. Though I´d appreciate a glance on dear Pauline in Thai environment, e.g. stuffing herself with Thai food.

    Vienna sky behaves nice, smooth and Easterly. My cat is already looking for Easter-stuff on the neighbouring roofs.

    Love
    Reinhard

  2. Chidananda says:

    Hey your teacher almost has the same name as me. Please dont complain about hot weather we are celebrating in London as it almost reached 20. I kid you not Louise got minor sun stroke
    OM

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *