BootsnAll Travel Network



Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park

Water Lakes National Park in Canada and Glacier National Park in the US border each other and form an international national park. The US side is much bigger, but they are both very nice and for all you hikers out there I highly recommend a trip. We only got to take a couple of hikes while we were there, but I’d love to go back and do more. Lots of wildlife as well, we saw 3 black bears (a mamma and 2 cubs), lots of mountain goats and bighorn sheep, tons of friendly (too friendly?) deer, and the most obese squirrels I’ve ever seen.

glacier-friendlydeer.jpg
One of the over-friendly deer on the Canadian side. When we woke up there was a huge one right outside the RV. Dave almost hit it with the door!

glacier-waterfall.jpg
Really cool waterfall on the Canada side. See how it is cutting through the curved bedding planes of the rock?

glacier-squirrel.jpg
Here’s a squirrel picture for Lane. This has got to be the fattest ground squirrel I’ve ever seen.

glacier-mountain.jpg
Beautiful scenery along the trails.

glacier-mountaingoats.jpg
Mountain goats.

glacier hiking.jpg
Hiking along the skyline trail to one of the chalets. There are two chalets in the park you can hike to and spend the night there. We just hiked there and back in one day, though.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *