BootsnAll Travel Network



Seward

Seward is a nice place. We took a boat ride to see the glaciers and wildlife, did some hiking, had a really good time despite the freezing cold, rainy weather. We did see two whales on the boat ride, but I couldn’t get a decent photo!

AK-sew5.jpg
Harbor seal just browsing on the rocks.

AK-sew3.jpg
Beautiful blue glacier coming right down to the water.

AK-sew2.jpg
It really was cold and rainy!

AK-sew9.jpg
This is Mt. Marathon, the backdrop of Seward. Every 4th of July they have a race up and down the mountain. It’s only 3 miles, so how hard can it be, right? Well, the winners of the race do it in 45 minutes, the top women are under and hour. Dave and I hiked the trail and ended up turning around because when it rains the mud is so slick and the trail is so steep we kept falling down. We made it almost all the way and it took us 3 hours. Not only are the people who run that race tough, I think they must be a little crazy as well.

AK-sew8.jpg
Dave and Molly pose with the Iditarod ‘mile 0’ sign. She thinks she’s a sled dog now!

AK-sew7.jpg
Another bald eage.

AK-sew6.jpg
The view of town from almost on top of Mt. Marathon.



Tags:

One response to “Seward”

  1. Dad says:

    Happy Birthday, but it’s hard to take that I have such a great kid that”s 33!!!!