BootsnAll Travel Network



More about holidays in Malaysia

You know the gift exchange we always called ‘white elephant’ where the people who havn’t opened a gift yet can steal the other people’s gifts if they want…that just does not work over here. It’s funny that I’ve even heard it called ‘Chinese gift exchange’ because I don’t think it would work in China at all. We went to a party and the only people who would take other people’s gifts were American, Canadian, and Russian. Everyone else, although there were things they obviously liked, would open a different gift and pretend to like it. People here are just too polite to take anyone else’s gift. Dave opened a really cute musical carousel, which every one oohed and ahhed over. What does Dave want with a musical carousel…but no one would take it! It’s funny how little things like that show the difference in cultures. When we would do those gift exchanges at work everyone would yell and laugh and plot against each other. It’s just not the same when everyone tries to be polite.
Anyway, I’ll put up a couple of pictures from the Christmas party.

klxmas2.jpg

We had an interesting mix of North American and British traditions (hence the hats) and Malaysian food.

klxmas1.jpg

Oops, kinda blurry.



Tags:

Comments are closed.