BootsnAll Travel Network



Japan is rapidly approaching

We bought the tickets so long ago it’s hard to believe that our trip to Japan is now just a few weeks away. We leave May 1st and are getting pretty excited about it. Steve (our buddy in Tokyo) has already gotten us tickets to check out a Sumo match, apparently there is a big tournament while we are in town. We will also attend a baseball game or two, it is baseball season and that should be a blast. Other than those two activities, all we really have planned is eating delicious food, checking out the fish market, riding the shinkansen (bullet train) — maybe to Osaka that is still undecided, taking a trip into the mountains, and drinking sake. If anyone has any suggestions for must-do or must-see Japanese things we’d love to hear them, but I imagine Steve will have plenty of suggestions to keep us busy.

If anyone here at home wants me to bring something back from Japan, let me know. You know, like a pair of socks dispensed from a vending machine or something…:)

Seriously, though, I will try to post from Japan but if I’m having too much fun to update the blog I will definitely post as soon as we return.

We have a lot to between now and the time we leave, though. My brother and sister-in-law are coming to visit, two days after they leave we head to Dave’s cousin’s wedding in Wisconsin, then the week after we head to Japan. It’s a busy spring, and that is not even mentioning that I have to run a 5k leg of a relay race the week after we return. Lots to do, good thing it is all fun stuff.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *