BootsnAll Travel Network



Garden of the Gods

Since we moved here a lot of people have asked if we’ve been to Garden of the Gods yet, so since we didn’t go get the rest of our stuff over the 3-day Easter weekend we decided to go down on Friday and check it out. According to the forecast, Friday’s weather was supposed to be fairly nice, it wasn’t supposed to get bad until Saturday. But of course they were wrong. We had a good time anyway, hiked around and saw lots of deer and even a coyote, but it was pretty cold and rainy/snowy.

garden1.jpg
There are lots of amazing rock formations in the park. The land was donated to the city of Colorado Springs under the condition that they never charge an entrance fee.

garden2.jpg
Molly and I in front of a neat hole in the rock. On a clear day it’s supposed to be a great photo op, you can see Pike’s Peak through the window in the rock. Unfortunately we didn’t have any visibility.

garden3.jpg

The coyote is in this picture, but by the time I got my camera out he was pretty hidden in the brush. He was cool though, he ran across the trail right in front of us.

garden4.jpg
It’s very beautiful there so we plan to return this summer when the weather is better and hike all the trails. Of course, it will probably be crowded then. The nice thing about going in bad weather is having the place pretty much to yourself.



Tags:


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *