BootsnAll Travel Network



Did it!

I am happy to post that we completed the MS-150! It was a great ride, the MS Society sure takes good care of it’s riders. Good food and lots of it, lots of happy, friendly volunteers. Dave had a few setbacks on the first day (3 flat tires) which got him down a little but he kept on. It was a good experience….but I think if we decide to do it next year we will have to invest in nicer bikes. A lot of the folks on the ride are pretty extreme and I think we may have been something of a laughing stock with our old, old bikes. So many people told me ‘I think something is wrong with your bike, it’s making a lot of noise’. My bike just makes a lot of noise, even when adjusted properly.

The views were great, there were a few times I could have used a few more gears on the hills, though. My favorite quote was from an older lady I talked to on the first day. She said ‘I don’t like to think of this as a 150 mile ride. I like to think of it as a series of 10 to 15 mile rides with cookie breaks in between’.

Here we are, Team ION, at the finish line. 

 small-ion.jpg



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *