BootsnAll Travel Network



Cameron Highlands

Last weekend we rented a car and took a trip to the mountains, an area called the Cameron Highlands. What a contrast to KL and the surrounding area. It was cold by Malaysian standards and the buildings were all done to look like mountain chalets. It was really a nice change from the hot, gritty city.
We stopped at lots of roadside stands and ate food from the street market. They grow the most delicious strawberries there! We also discovered something called a ‘chicken plant’. It is a plant that looks like it is covered in reddish-brown fur. We asked what it was for and the lady pointed at her hand. Do you put it on your skin to cure something? Or not put it on your skin because it will poke you like a cactus? We never figured it out, but I’d like to know.

chalet.jpg

Our nice guest house in the mountains.

tea2.jpg

We visited a tea plantation, hiked around among the tea plants and learned how tea is made.

teaplantation.jpg

More from the plantation.

chinesetemple.jpg

Dave and Steve at the Chinese temple.

hindutemple.jpg

Me at a Hindu temple.

There are more pictures if you click below. It was so nice I just couldn’t stop clicking away.

hillstation.jpg

We stopped in a nice town, Frasier’s hillstation, on the way back.

tea3.jpg

I know they’ve cleared jungle to create this tea plantation, but the plants sure are picturesque the way they keep them trimmed.

sissytea.jpg

A rest from hiking at the plantation.



Tags:

Comments are closed.