BootsnAll Travel Network



This one is for Lee, Roger & Daryl

Deer at Bushmans tourIf you want to try a new kind of deer hunting than you need to get your ass to New Zealand.

Back in the day the hunters were having a really tough time getting any deer because the terrain is so mountainous and ruggid.  THe deer population got so big they were eating away the forests and something needed to be done.  THey started hunting deer with helicoptors.  THey would fly around and find the deer and then shoot them from the air.  After getting a few they would land and tie the hind legs to a rope and bring them out with the chopper as well.  Some guy saw how good this was and wanted to raise them to sell as lots of people were looking for venison but could not afford to use choppers.  He started a deer farm and the way he started his herd was to go out in a chpper and jump out a a running deer and bull dog it to the ground and tie it legs like steer wrestlers in rodeo. When I saw the video on this i could not help but think this may be the next event at the Calgary Stampede.  THe guy was nuts!!! but now runs one of the largest deer farms in the country. 



Tags: ,

One response to “This one is for Lee, Roger & Daryl”

  1. Daryl says:

    I’ve thought about jumping out of the tree once, but a chopper is totally out of the question. I get hurt walking the dog now.

    I’m sure I’ll be talking to you soon.

    D

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.