BootsnAll Travel Network



South Island New Zealand

Joe, Yve, karina and me at the Blue Pools near Queenstown NZBone carving i created.  Flame made out of cow boneHiking the Franz Josef Glacier

Jan 2 – We traveled along the west coast of the south island today to a town called Barrytown.  We did not have anything to adventurous but the drive was rated by Lonely Planet as one of the top 10 drives in the world.  Completely cool and our hostel was part of an old pub called All Nations Inn.  They served us a great roast dinner and the nwe played ping pong and Pool for most of the night.  We had a small group but it was a fun group.  It mostly new people now and our new drive in Woody who lost he left left in an accident at 28 and he is really awesome.  Zoe is on this bus as well as Karina from Austria.  Still getting to know the ohters but we are having fun. 

Jan 3 – THis morning we got up and learned how to bone carve.  I made a flame pendant and put it on a chain.  It looks really cool and i am proud of my work.  It is made out of cow bone and we used dremmel tools for most of it.  After that we made our way to Franz Josef National park and a quiet night getting ready for a big day tomorrow.

Jan 4 – Gacier hike up the Franz Josef Glacier.  It was a bit like caving but above ground.  Not sure why I wanted to go somewhere cold but it was wicked.  Some of the crevaces we climbed through we amazing and completely enjoyed it.  It is not a lot different than in Jasper but nowhere near as high.  Still amazing and the pics are incredible.  We had a really good party that eveing as well after a nice hot tub and supper.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.