BootsnAll Travel Network



The Planning Begins in Ernest

This last weekend I spent it alone in our new apartment because Jim was off bass fishing in Eastern Oregon with our brother in law Ken.

My sister in law, Wendy, and I did take Friday night to get pedicures and wander around NW Portland but the bulk of my weekend was spent in trip prep mode. In recent days we had received our campgrounds guides for both North & South Island and (woo hoo) I was the grand prizer winner on Travelfish.org, a website specializing in SE Asia and so received for FREE all 8 of their travel guides. Also delivered was the DVD “A Map for Saturday ” that I had ordered. It is a fascinating documentary by a round-the-world (RTW) traveler from NY who interviewed many other travelers in his year away. It was very interesting to hear everyones’ feelings regarding their whole experience… some traveled for 6 months.. some for 3 years but all shared many of the same views on why they left and if they’ll ever return to life as they knew it before.

Now that our life is back on a normal plain I’m thrilled to once again get inspired about learning more about the places we’ll be visiting on our trip. I tend to be a planner, sometimes perhaps an over-planner, and I am determined to do a lot of reading before we leave on the different destinations but to not actually have a set itinerary. We are truly going to just go with the flow and see where it takes us.

20 more days of work and boy am I counting down. It’s getting more and more difficult to be here everyday while Jim is at home or out & about and knowing there are so many more exciting things I could be doing! But, I’ll putter along here getting everything all situated for my departure. I’m not sure if I’ll come back or not but it is a very nice place to work and my boss has been wonderful about at least saying they would try to find a place for me if I do want to.

2 more dentists appointments for me, 1 other Dr, and the our travel clinic appt. and we will be as good to go as possible. Jim does have to go back in for another bloodtest to see if his Hep B booster took. We got my response back (I’m good to go) but not his so I called and they said they’d done the wrong test and could he come back to have more blood drawn…you’d think they could have at least called us wouldn’t you?

Anyway, lunch is over so back to my personal corporate wasteland for now. I will soon be marking one more day off the work calender!



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *