BootsnAll Travel Network



EYES

Well, we’re finally doing it! We’re both getting lasik eye surgery on 2 August! We’ve been talking about it for some time and, as with everything in our lives right now, we’re going for it!

The 4th of July holiday (which I made into a 5 day weekend so we could spend it at Jim’s parents house at the beach in Lincoln City) was wonderful. Very relaxing. Jim’s parents Jim & Gail and Ken & Wendy hung out most of the 5 days too and we did lots of boating on the lake, walking on the beach, and – of course- eating & drinking.

Now I’m back at work trying to make the days go by faster and Jim is spending the next couple of weeks painting his parents house and helping out with some yardwork.

I see my regular doctor this week, we go to the travel clinic next week, and we get our lasik surgery in 3 weeks. WHEW. I will be DONE with doctors for a while after that. However, it’s going to be great heading into this trip up to date on everything so, God willing, we will be safe & healthy for the next 12-15months. We are really looking forward to not having to worry about saline solution, contacts, etc for life in general but it will certainly make traveling easier.

13 days and counting for work. Ken & Wendy along with our friends Dana & Dallas are all hard at work planning our going away bash for 28July and my work going away party is 1 Aug. so we’ll be leaving with a bang.

Right now we’re still planning on visiting our friends Mike & Malisa in Vancouver, BC the first weekend of August, moving out of our apartment by 12Aug, spending time with friends from California who will be in Oregon visiting around 13-15Aug , and then we’ll live with Jim’s parents or at the beach house for 10 days or so and then we’re leaving on a jet plane on 26 Aug!

We got our flights booked departing 26Aug and arriving Nadi, Fiji on 28Aug. We’ll be staying at Jim’s parents timeshare for 9 nights and then flying 6 Sep to Auckland. We plan on just staying there 1 or 2 nights to get situated and then we’ll pick up our camper van and start heading south. We’ll probably spend about 1 month in New Zealand and fly to Sydney around 1st week of Oct. but that we’ll just play by ear.



Tags:

2 responses to “EYES”

  1. Lynn says:

    How exciting! Good luck with your lasik surgery ( I know several pple who are so happy they went through it ) in August. The adventure soon begins….look forward to following your journey!

  2. admin says:

    Thanks Lynn, we know several people as well and it will certainly be easier for traveling!

  3. Pennie D says:

    What an awesome initial itinerary! I am so looking forward to following you in your journeys over the next several months. Please be sure and post often!

    Good luck on your eye surgeries, too. I’ve heard great things from so many people about the procedure, now that it’s been done for several years and they’ve got it fined tuned to get the best results.

  4. admin says:

    Thanks Pennie… I hope you enjoy future posts as well.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *