BootsnAll Travel Network



Why Blog

It’s a quiet Sunday morning…as Sundays are in Oaxaca…people home with their families.

I often think of this blog…and other blogs…and wonder what is the value of putting so many hours into writing about the myriad details of our lives…and other lives. Then I found this reply to a new blog on a favorite web site.

Will This Be Your Gift To The World?
This blog is about more than yourself, is it not? Twenty years ago…[or many more] you chose the meaning of your life – you picked a mission for yourself, did you not?

I wonder what you will make of this blog. This tribune is like no other. You are beholden neither to the story nor by the facts; here, you are just a man. You have no oath to impartiality. So I wonder – who is your master?

I cannot picture you a disciple, in belief subordinate to another man. I believe your life is your own – and to myself hope to be right. So here we face a false dichotomy: selfless and dedicated to a benevolent cause of your own making, or living in egoism, seeking for yourself a comfy niche?

Express yourself freely. Influence thoughts. Create memos. Whose lives will you touch with your words? Will you change the world by telling us how you view it?

Your words are strong, so I hope that your vision is a good and selfless one; that, guided by it, you will mark the world.

I try to see in others what I try to be myself. Odd.

Another person’s words…but articulated better than I would have. I wonder about these lines…this last has set me to thinking…another story perhaps.



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *