BootsnAll Travel Network



Following Trouble?

Good grief! Either I am following trouble around the world or trouble is following me! First a violent demonstration on a university campus in Istanbul…then the tsunami in Thailand…then the coup in Thailand…then the subway strike in New York City…then the teacher strike in Oaxaca and now this just as I am planning on returning this fall. Or maybe it’s just that there is always trouble all over the world!

Security in Bangkok To Be Tightened
Bangkok Post 2007-02-21

BANGKOK: — Bangkok governor Apirak Kosayodhin warned directors of 50 districts in Bangkok of possible insurgents’ attacks in the capital in an urgent letter distributed on Wednesday.

Mr Apirak told the directors to work with police and soldiers to prevent insurgents’ attacks, especially at crowded places like department stores, skytrain and subway stations.

He said security measures to be stepped up in Bangkok around the clock to guarantee safety to the Bangkokians. Public are also urged to help authorities and inform them if they see or know something suspicious.

Mr Apirak’s action came after rumours circulated that insurgents (from southern Thailand) planned to stage violent activities again on Friday.

Insurgents staged a spate of bombings and arson in the southernmost provinces on Sunday night, killing seven people and hurting more than 50 others.



Tags: , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *