BootsnAll Travel Network



Domestic Fight in Baoshan

YUqE3FCf1Hd9CjfG1qqmt0-2006171132705308.gif

The Lonely Planet description for finding Huacheng Binguan was difficult…the hotel name was the same but the street was different…two Dutch travellers sitting in the lobby with their backpacks told us we were in the right hotel…they had spent the day walking in the rain in the town…not much to see they said…and were waiting for the 6pm overnight bus to Jinghong. Our room in the hotel was not good by any standard..grody bathroom, shower pipe dripped on your back when you were on the squat toilet…no towels…no hot water except in a thermos. TV but freezing cold. The thing that saved us was the little kid hot water bottles we bought at a variety store that we filled with hot water and clutched tight to our chests under the covers. Walls thin…don’t know about the clientele…listened to a horrible domestic fight for an hour trying to go to sleep.

Lonely Planet description of where to find restaurants led us all over the place in the rain…we sat down in one street stall on tiny chairs at a tiny table and when we finally realized the workers didn’t know what to do with us we got up and left. We finally ate at a stall where plates of food were displayed and we could pick out what we wanted…eating and drinking our Dali beers while watching a table full of Chinese men play a drinking game that resembled Sticks And Stones. On the way back to the hotel we stumbled onto a market area with displays of fish and seafood but we had already eaten. Stayed only one night and left the next foggy day for Tengchong…the bus leaving just minutes after we got to the ticket window with our backpacks.



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *