BootsnAll Travel Network



Central Park

In any given week in the summer you can choose from any four or five street fairs and on this day we chose the Columbus Street Fair on the Upper West Side of Central Park. Stall after stall for blocks offered food, drink and interesting items to purchase…we bought two small narrow Japanese cups which we hoped would keep our coffee warmer in the morning.

Then we turned west…past The Dakota, John Lennon’s apartment where he was murdered, to Central Park where on any given day people come to this 843-acre park for sheer recreational pleasure…full of roller-bladers, skaters, bicyclers, runners, picnicers, softball players, frisbee throwers, concert goers and people-watchers.

We walked past Strawberry Fields, the three-acre landscaape dedicated to the memory of John Lennon that is planted with specimans from more than 100 nations and where Bob took a picture of the plaque “Imagine,” set into the walkway that commemorates my most favorite song in all the world. Further on we watched colorful figures artfully roller-blading to thudding electronic music.

We headed back to the subway through the Sheep Meadow where several hundred families were picnicing, tossing frisbees and generally lollygagging on the grass on this sunny pleasant Sunday.



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *