BootsnAll Travel Network



Lazy in Lyon

Just a quick hello from Lyon, France, where we wound up on Friday night after a long day of traveling from Barcelona. It’s been slow and sniffly here, we have colds and are tired after an incredible, but busy time in Barcelona. There is so much I’d love to share about the art, culture, people and food from my time in Spain, and our last days in Barcelona – we visited the Picasso Museum, attended mass in Catalan and took a daytrip to Manresa, which my Jesuit pals may recognize as an important place in the life of St. Ignatius Loyola.

I won’t lie, I REALLY miss Spain… but sunnier times are ahead, I’m sure. We just have to get used to the constant language changes – I never realized how a full month in Spain would really throw me for a loop once I left, but it has. Once I get into the groove of being prepared for the continuous cultural and language changes, we should be okay. Or, we will just move slower and visit less places if we struggle too much. Thankfully, we have that luxury, but we also have Eurail passes that we want to make good use of. So it is a challenge to find a balance that is right for our spirits and our health. I’m confident we will sort it out. Once we leave Euro-land and head to Eastern Europe we will have even more changes to juggle. It didn’t seem as challenging ten years ago, and that was pre-Euro! Again, the age thing, but also, traveling slower gives me the chance to observe and process my feelings and reactions more.

We are heading north tomorrow, probably to Amsterdam via Luxembourg and/or Brussels…that’s all for now, going to go walk along the twin rivers here, the Soane and the Roane and then head to the hostel to rest up. Hope to have more time to write from our next stop, the internet cafe options in Lyon are few and far between.

Tags: , ,



One Response to “Lazy in Lyon”

  1. Michael Says:

    Hey Kelly,
    It all sounds great, as usual. I look forward to hearing more about Manresa and all of it.
    Take care and say hi to CJ.
    Love,
    MAA

  2. Posted from United States United States