BootsnAll Travel Network



From the Rose Reading Room

I’ve spent the morning at the Humanities Research Branch of the NYPL on 42nd and 5th Ave., next to Bryant Park. I just finished taking a one hour tour of the place, then signed up for an Access Card so I could use the internet free for 30 minutes in the Grand Hall. I’m sticking around to see the renovated Map Division that opens at 1pm. All the travel guidebooks are in there so I thought I’d check it out before heading to Port Authority to catch my bus back to Rockland. I also toured the Treasured Maps exhibit and learned some interesting facts about a place I’ve visited several times as a child, but I probably have not been here in ten years. Did you know that the famous lions out front are named Patience and Fortitude? LaGuardia named them during the Great Depression, claiming that these were the two characteristics New Yorkers needed most to survive the hardships of the time.

I came into the city last night and had a wonderful dinner at Agave with two dear pals. Awesome conversation, a chance to introduce new friends, and the best margaritas I’ve tasted in quite some time!

Okay, I’ve got eight minutes remaining online…off to check email one more time and then roam around a bit more.

Tags: , ,



Comments are closed.