BootsnAll Travel Network



Day One

Cliché as it is, this really is the first day of the rest of my life.

This past Wednesday I told my boss I was leaving. Then yesterday I told my colleagues and an announcement was sent via email to the entire division of 300 or so employees. I’ve got just five more weeks left at the office.

There is no turning back now. It’s official — the next phase is now clearly underway.

There has been a lot of emotion, misunderstandings and confusion — tears of joy, numbing queasiness, fear and nervous giggles too. And I gather it will continue like this for awhile. No major life transition would be complete with out it.

I’ve got a wonderful supportive network of family, friends and coworkers. But that doesn’t mean things are going to be fine all the time. Relationships with some of those closest to me will be challenged in the coming weeks and months. It’s already happening — I guess that’s what this whole living life thing is about.

One day at a time has never meant more to me than right now. I can’t get too far ahead of myself. There is no itinerary yet, there is no confirmed destination or even an outline of a route — just a rough idea in my mind of where I am headed and an approximate month of departure.

But I’m not gone yet. I’m here, living day to day, savoring all that is right around me now, and slowly simplifyingmy life and preparing myself for the next journey of a lifetime.

Tags: ,



4 Responses to “Day One”

  1. Ana Says:

    Wooo! No destination, a lot of uncertainty, but what an adventure. I’m looking forward to seeing where you find yourself.

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. admin Says:

    Thanks so much Ana, for stopping by, while you are off on your own adventure right now too!

  4. Carl Parkes Says:

    I’ll be following you along the trail.

  5. Posted from United States United States
  6. Jen Leo Says:

    Kelly, Life is treating you well and paving the road for you even if you can’t see the next step. Just look back on the last year and see where it is leading you. I’m terribly impressed by your stamina, proud that I could have added some inspiration, and am thrilled about your upcoming trip.

    Last night my beau told me, in addition to how great we have it right now, that he felt our whole lives had been leading up to this. Naturally, I agree. But I also feel like our lives are always leading up to where we are now. It is up to us to make the most of it. And since I’ve met you, I feel like you have.

    Keep the spirit, have fun, there are grand adventures all around us. Every day.

    Here for you,
    Jen