BootsnAll Travel Network



Arrival in Amsterdam

After a restful three days in Bruge we headed out this morning for Amsterdam, which will probably be the northern-most stop on our travels. (Except for when I fly back to the States through London in July.) It’s much colder here, and very windy too, but not an awful chill – I can still sense spring around the corner, and I am sure we will have our fill of April showers too. No problem, as long as I get to see some tulips while here in Holland 🙂

We traveled through Ghent and Antwerp to get here, and contemplated stopping in Rotterdam, The Hague or Delft on the way to A-dam, but decided that we could do a day trip on Saturday if we really wanted to get out of the city. But between the museums, restaurants, shops, canals and coffeeshops, I think there is enough here to keep me busy for the next three days. I think I could be happy simply sitting on the same park bench people-watching all weekend long! What an eclectic place with a vibrant mix of color, language and culture. I am especially amazed at the language skills of EVERY European, they all seem to know at least two languages and many in Belgium and the Netherlands seem to know three or four EASY…very impressive, and a constant reminder of how lucky I am to be a native English speaker, it really makes traveling that much easier.

My only must-see here is the Van Gogh Museum, although I think we will visit Anne Frank’s house too and maybe another museum. We are in a clean, quiet centrally located hostel, perfect for just wandering around, taking it all in. And there is A LOT to see here. Not sure if I’ll be partaking in the most popular legal activity of this town, but I will at least visit a coffeeshop at some point this weekend. We are here until Monday, when we will head east to Berlin for another four nights. It’s nice to have the next week planned out with accommodation booked in advance, for a change.

Tags: , , ,



One Response to “Arrival in Amsterdam”

  1. amy liu Says:

    amy liu

    gimmemoney 574182 Good information source for amy liu.