BootsnAll Travel Network



Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone had a happy/safe/WARM Christmas.  I know I did.

Two days before Christmas I took a guided walk/trek through part of the Blue Mountains.  I got to meet a few kangaroos and walk down some steep stars cut out of the mountains.  What was really neat about it was that I walked through a couple of different vegetation zones-from forest kind of like what’s at home to rainforest.  I saw the Three Sisters and rode up the steepest incline in the world.  Once I get to a friendly computer, I will post pictures.  Sit tight, please.

Christmas Eve I went on an organized beach walk to see some of the more famous Sydney beaches.  It was a bit overcast and rained a bit, but it was enjoyable all the same.  I had Thai food for the first time that night, and tried many different curries.  I went out to dinner with a bunch onf English people I met at the hostel.  We ended the night at sidebar, the bar in the basement of the hostel.

Chrismas morning I woke up not hungover, surprisingly, and went downstairs to have breakfast-free fruitcake.  Yep, the same loaf that’s the butt end of bad Christmas jokes/gifts.  The people of the UK love it.  Another American and I weren’t fans and thought it tasted old.  Probably beacause of all the talk at home?!?!?  We moseyed our way down to Bondi Beach and layed there in the sun and splashed in the water.  The waves were amazing.  When we got back to the city we went to a Turkish place for Christmas dinner.  I had a falafel wrap and damn, was it good.  I’m sorry fam, but that had to have been my best Christmas ever.

Now I’m in Brisbane, where I’ll go to a Koala Sanctuary and The Australian Zoo, you know, Steve Irwin’s zoo.  I’m probably going to meet up with a guy I met in Krakow last year for drinks tonight.  But there’s a line of people waiting for the free internet behind me so I’ll talk to you later.  Cheers!



Tags:

3 responses to “Merry Christmas!”

  1. Eileen says:

    Good -day Laura, sounds like you had a great Christmas! All were at Gramma’s . Crazy Crazy, getting warmer outside, flood warnings for tomorrow. Can’t wait for your pictures. How are the people? Is the food very different? Talk to you soon, stay safe….Love, aunt Eileen

  2. Aunt Kris says:

    Even if this was your best Christmas ever, we missed you a lot and discussed how the missing is always harder on the people who stayed home than it is on the ones having the adventure. So, we understand and are not offended that you say it was your best Christmas ever. Well, at least I am not offended. I’m a hater about that beach thing, however.

    Love, Aunt Krs

  3. Kim says:

    Merry Christmas, Laur!!!!

    All of us here in the “boring states” miss you!!!!! Have a great and interesting New Years!!!!!!

    Love,
    Kim

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *