BootsnAll Travel Network



“Maybe you are allergic to Asia”

“Maybe you are allergic to Asia” the doctor in Singapore said with a straight face. Who knows. This is the third time since December that I have caught some virus. This time it was while in Singapore or maybe I brought it from Malaysia. I’m back in Kuala Lumpur now at Red Dragon Hostel where there is a pharmacy across the street and plenty of western food to keep me full. I am currently beyond whatever I had but I’m still congested. The last few days have been spend reading, using the internet, sleeping and planning the next portion of my trip.

I bought a bus ticket out of KL for Monday morning and will be spending the day enroute to Penang, one of Malaysia’s highlights. It is an Island state off the western coast. I’ll be staying in Georgetown, the capital, for a couple of days at least. From there I’ll make my way into Thailand. There were a series of 31 bombings across the extreme southern provinces so it would be in my best interests to get in and move on. There are supposedly a lot of nice untouched beaches in the south but I’d be better off skipping them. It is looking like the near future is going to be lots of sun and sand. I’ll relax in semi-southern Thailand for a few weeks until I have to make my way up north for Marisa’s wedding in Chiang Mai.

No real news to report on here just continuing the resting.



Tags: , , , , ,

One response to ““Maybe you are allergic to Asia””

  1. Anne says:

    I’m sorry I missed your IM yesterday… I wasn’t home, but I would have loved to chat with you. Miss ya!

    Happy travels!

  2. travelgirltiff says:

    oh joey my friend will be so excited when i tell her that you are in penang! she misses it so much! and i plan on giving her your website so she can enjoy it from afar

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *