BootsnAll Travel Network



Happy Birthday Mom!

Once again another event missed while on the road. This time it is my mom’s birthday. February 25th. Pisces! Thank you mom for all the support you have given me during the planning and executing of this trip. You have been there, along with dad, the entire time and never once doubted whether or not I could do it. I know you have always had the wanderlust in you and you passed it down to me. I’m not sure if it is a gift or a curse!!! (I only joke) Hopefully sometime soon you can join me on a trip. I’m beginning to think you would love Malaysia. Of course, I have said that about every place I have been so far.

In celebration of your birthday and my last night in one of my favorite cities so far I decided to eat out away from China Town and away from local food. However, I still wanted to stay in true travel form and eat exotic so I found a really great Australian restaurant. They serve all kinds of steaks. I wanted to go crazy and just order something random off the menu because we all know how strange the Australian cuisine is so I went with this thing they call “The Outback Special” served with delicious garlic mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. I finished it off with an imported specialty brew they call “Budweiser”. It was rather tasty. Finally, I decided after nearly a month in Asia it was time to treat myself to one of those full body massages I have heard so much about. $15 and an hour later I now sit here relaxed and ready for the long bus ride tomorrow.

So! Happy birthday mom!! I love you and miss you and I’ll be home soon (or later).



Tags: , , ,

One response to “Happy Birthday Mom!”

  1. Mom says:

    Thank you for the birthday greetings… I am so happy that you are enjoying your adventure… and yes I wish I was with you. Hopefully … someday soon we can share an adventure together… Love ya… Mom

  2. Mom says:

    BTW!… I love the photo… it is absolutely…. breathtaking…. wish I was standing with you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *