BootsnAll Travel Network



Going to Thailand

Last night was my final evening in Malaysia. I arrived in Georgetown, Penang and found a quiet Indian run hostel. I decided to go with a dorm this time around and for $2 I got myself a bed. It was only myself and 2 other people who seemed to be locals. I locked up my valuables, situated myself and headed out to see what Georgetown had to offer. I was hungry so I sat down for some rice with chicken curry. It was fantastic. So far I had only spent $15 on a 4 hour bus ride, a bed and dinner with 2 beers. I’d say that is good value.

Now I sit in Hat Yai a transport hub of Southern Thailand. The land of smiles. Thailand. I am here, finally. 3 years ago I started planning a trip to SE Asia and Thailand was my main destination. It feels good to finally arrive. Due to some stomach issues this entire day I will not be trying my taste buds on any Thai food but believe me there will be plenty of time for that. I plan on being here for the entire month until after Marisa’s wedding. Tomorrow I will be heading to Ko Pha Ngan where I will spending just about a week basking in the sun on one of Thailands nicest islands.

By the way, Ko Pha Ngan is pronounced “CO Pan-Yan” or “yang”



Tags: , , ,

0 responses to “Going to Thailand”

  1. Paula says:

    Just remember the movie “HOSTEL” when things like this happen. Love ya! 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *