BootsnAll Travel Network



Beer & Pizza Review #4

It has been awhile and this is my first Beer & Pizza Review of Asia. With a lot more food to choose from I have been eating much less pizza but drinking much more beer. Variety on the beer side has gone down since I have found a few choice ales.

It is obvious when you arrive in South East Asia that the king of beer is Tiger. So I’ll start right there.

BEER

Tiger Beer: I’m not sure if it is great marketing but this is easily the best beer of the trip so far. Not so much that it is better than any other specific beer but it is cheap and decent. Ok, marketing has a lot to do with it. T-shirts everywhere, signs everywhere at this point I seriously can’t give a proper review other than that I have had a few to drink and a few more and then some.

Carslberg: This is the other big beer of Malaysia and Singapore. I had a few and it isn’t bad. I probably would be drinking this if the Tiger wasn’t available. Only suckers drink Heineken and Guinness here, which are the other 2 major brews available.

PIZZA

Malaysia:
I have not found a single pizza shop in Malaysia. Several Pizza Huts™ but no local spots. And as much as I have loved Kuala Lumpur and the rest of Malaysia… could this be the deal breaker on future returns to the country?

Singapore:
Being in Singapore is like being at home. I’d say it is a lot like New York City except the pizza wasn’t THAT good. It was just GOOD. Completely different. Shawn and I ate a local place in Holland Village (suburb in Singapore) called, strangely enough, “Spizza”. They don’t have pepperoni in Singapore but they do have a spicy sausage topping that for all intents and purposes IS pepperoni. We ordered a pie of that and a pie of 4 cheese and went to town. The previous night was a late one so pizza was just what the doctor ordered. It was thin crusted, with small slices, and lots of flavor. The spicy pepperoni/sausage stuff needs to be picked up back home because it was delicious.



Tags: , , , , ,

One response to “Beer & Pizza Review #4”

  1. shadow says:

    Mate, if you want thick crust pizzas, best place to head is still Pizza Hut. 😉

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *