BootsnAll Travel Network



Welcome to Thailand

Another painless border crossing by public transportation and we are in Thailand.

So far, the only items worth mentioning are yummy mango shakes, and our mattress is on the floor. Back to a language that makes the Greek alphabet look easy.

Malaysia was great, and had some of the highlights of our trip with its never-ending jungle. Southern Thailand is a relative metropolis.

By the way, noted pet-peeve. What is up with Hollywood filming in the wrong locations?? We visited a mansion in Malaysia where “Indochine” was filmed. “Deer Hunter”, the Vietnam War movie, was filmed in Thailand. At least, “The Beach” was actually filmed on a beach in Thailand which we will be floating by tomorrow – hopefully no guys with machine guns though.



Tags:

One response to “Welcome to Thailand”

  1. dave jentz says:

    great journal guys.

    where are you going in thailand? I have heard (though I did not go) that the hiking in the remote north is pretty good, and consistent with other themes of the journal.

    Myself? I preferred the beach islands like koh samui and koh pingya (sp?) in the south. check out the full moon parties if you get a chance!

    I am off to Korea for a few weeks starting tomorrow am, but I am guessing our paths wont cross…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *