BootsnAll Travel Network



Time Flies

One more day in Cairo and we still can’t say enough good things about it, which isn’t to say that there aren’t a few bad things. We’d like to say something more substantive on the matter, but this city has a way of keeping us busy from whenever we roll out of bed until late at night.

On Thursday we’re off to Ireland for a week and then we’ll be home. I’m sure we’ll have some “thoughtful” conclusion written by the time we get home that we’ll post, but any amusement we may have provided regarding our locations has probably come to a close.

Now then, our faithful readers, we need your help. We have been away from the world of home for far too long, and we want to pretend we have kept up to date the whole time. What have we missed in the past 9 months in the world of the internet, cinema, or TV that we either would have enjoyed or would make us social outcasts without knowing about? We’re already bummed about missing
the latest season of Veronica Mars and that new superhero dramedy looked promising… Luckily, Buffy and Angel are no more, or we’d be way too far behind.



Tags:

6 responses to “Time Flies”

  1. Jessica says:

    David Beckham is playing soccer for the LA Galaxy. The Simpsons movie opens this Saturday. Paris Hilton spent 23 days in jail. You really don’t want to know how The Sopranos ended. The latest Harry Potter book just came out, you should pick it up immediately! 🙂

  2. Rob says:

    Texas has gotten a record amount of rain this year and temperatures here are far below average. In the first 6 months of the year we got over 14″ more rain than the usual average, which makes up for the drought last year.

    The dams on the lower Colorado River have been releasing to manage the lake levels but there has been a lot of flooding. The dams themselves have been functioning well, it’s just a waste to see all that water going through the overflow instead of generating power.

    Most of the businesses that are on the lakes have suffered pretty badly, over 6 weeks passed with the lakes closed to all recreational use (including the fourth of July).

    Meanwhile other parts of the country are experiencing pretty bad droughts (Southern California) or other strange weather (Montana with 100 degree high temps).

    Well, that’s my news. I haven’t had to water the lawn all year, but I’m constantly mowing when it’s not raining.

  3. Donna says:

    Internet, cinema, and TV only? I guess political crap is too depressing for people still on vacation. Well, I guess it’s worth mentioning that the 3rd Pirates movie wasn’t an utter disaster like the 2nd. Some stretches still, but mostly it was a great fun movie. I guess it doesn’t classify as “cinema” though… Pan’s Labyrinth does though, that’s worth seeing. TV? House.nrMy memory isn’t that good, I can’t remember what happened in the past 9 months, I guess I’ll just have to look at what everyone else posts. :)nrI can’t wait to read your “thoughtful” conclusions on life and the world we live in. C’mon, tell us the secret to world peace!

  4. Donna says:

    Oh, and for internet, there’s now Stuff on My Mutt, a sister site, but it’s not nearly as amusing as Stuff On My Cat.

  5. admin says:

    Thanks Jess, you are clearly in touch with international pop culture. We can buy Harry Potter here in Egypt (if anyone wants an international copy, I’m sure we’ll also be able to buy it in Dublin – don’t think they’ve translated to arabic).

    Hopefully, beckham will be able to play more than 12 minutes of his next game. And I hope victoria can adjust to CA life (what most of the brit magazines the backpackers read are concerned about).

    We don’t know what paris is in jail for but we do know she was visited by nicki.

    Donna, we actually did catch Pan’s Labyrinth (and Volver) while in Bangkok. Agreed – good movie. I hope there were others this year worth mentioning… Otherwise, we’re more glad we were gone.

    And, yes, politics would be acceptable… We need to start hating all the candidates for president already.

  6. Sherri says:

    The heroes show was actually good and looking forward to the next season. Don’t worry you will catch up fast….sadly Paris was the main news for the last 2 months and her being in jail for dui and then driving with a suspended license.
    I am half way through Harry Potter and it is great. The movie also just came out but as usual does not do the books justice.

    Have a safe trip back will miss the blogs 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *